Government to ban 18 private universities from offering admissions
Government is to ban different programs in almost 18 private universities. The unapproved programs in these 18 universities are to be banned by Higher Education Department (HED).
Some specific faculties has been banned in eighteen private degree rewarding institutes in Punjab. The step was taken after some universities has started offering unapproved programs. Many sub-campuses of the universities are offering certain programs without any approval.
According to reports, these private institutes are asked to approve their programs before September 26.
Name of the Universities:
Here are the names of the universities which are banned:
- University of Management & Technology (UMT), Lahore
- University of Central Punjab (UCP)
- University of Faisalabad
- Global Institute
- National College of Business Administration & Economics
- HITEC University, Taxila
- Imperial College of Business Studies
- Hajvery University
- University of Wah, Wah Cantt
- Institute of Southern Punjab, Multan
- University of Lahore
- Superior Colleges
- NUR International University, Lahore
- University of South Asia, Lahore
- Minhaj University, Lahore
- Lahore Leads University
- Beaconhouse National University (BNU)
- Lahore Garrison University (LGU)