ITU students have developed 100 robot team
The students of Punjab Information Technology University have developed 100 Robots, which are efficient to handle the everyday life chores. The sources of the University will send the team to the International Robotic competition. Vice Chancellor ITU Dr. Umar Saif said that these activities are important.
US Consulate Lahore Yuriy Fedkiw was present at the event as Chief Guest and said that the young talent is providing solutions to the society, which is faced by the people who are suffering from significant economic potential as the innovation in science, and technology plays a major role in Pakistan economy. The USA is cooperating with Pakistan in Technology, science, and knowledge economy through scholarships in American institutions and advanced training in different technological disciplines.
He added that students of ITU developed 15 new prototypes of robots under the regular guidance of a faculty that will be displayed in the 6th Robotics Expo, which addresses the ingenious problems.
Chief Selector Pakistan National Tam Inzamam-ul-Haq and Head Coach of NCA Mushtaq Ahmed also attended the event and encouraged the student’s work of ITU. Pakistani youth has potential to compete with the students worldwide.
- The lead of robotics program ITU Talha Rehmani said that the passion and energy are seen among the students to serve and work for the society. This confirms that Pakistan has a bright future.
- The project displayed by the students included Rekhta , the Urdu word transliteration, and prediction for the assistance of people. Rekhta is developed by 12 years of prodigy who was declared the Rockstar of the event, Muhammad Raza.
- Other projects included Ross the Roboceptionist which is the Robot working and providing assistance as a receptionist at Arfa Software Technology Park. The robot loves to interact with people and copies the facial expression in real time and provides supportIt provides directions to the people who visit Arfa Tower.
- Payam is another robot that was displayed in the event and efficiently notifies the relatives and rescue services to the victim of a car This valuable robot is trying to save a precious life.
- Salire is also a robot assistant who take stairs and allows to move with small items from one place to another
- Illumaphone helps people especially kids suffering from congenital amusia that is known as tone deafness.
- Vizo robot needs to be attached with spectacles and improve the interaction between people.
- Rahbar provides real-time information regarding the arrival times and location of public transport especially the shuttles of metro buses.
The representatives and CEOs from various companies attended the event. Even the faculties and leading journalists or rectors from universities LUMS, FAST and NUST, attended the event.