Chinese Language Scholarship program Launched
As CPEC project has opened doors for different entrepreneurs, upcoming professionals, and businesses. The young graduates can boost their skills by attaining the high-class qualifications. They must avail the chance to improve the chances of employment by learning the Chinese language.
It is true that Pakistan is taking measures to improve Urdu and Punjabi among the country but the dire need of Chinese language in the upcoming years in Pakistan cannot be denied. The Punjab Government launched a scholarship program in 2015 after the approval of CPEC project, which provides talented individuals chance to polish their skills. They can love abroad and learn a new language through a fully funded scholarship.
The program will send at least 500 students to China to learn Mandarin under the 4th batch of the program. In the first three batches, 345 students were successful to achieve the Chinese language scholarships while in the batch 4th almost 155 students will meet the eligibility criteria are going to receive scholarship awards.
The high achievers will come back to Pakistan to get the job, and if they wish to continue the study, then an extended scholarship will be offered to them for a 4 year Chinese Language Degree Program.
- All of the applicants will meet the criteria before applying for the scholarship.
- Must have domicile of Punjab
- Age must be between 22 to 24 years
- Must own 14 years of education from accredited institution with at least first division in Bachelors.
- Applicant must be medically fit.
- The selected candidates must complete a Chinese course at local institution
- Applicants will secure admission for Chinese Language Studies in approved Chinese institution for up to two years.
Procedure for Selection
- The applicants will only be selected if they will meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill the requirements of the scholarship
- If all the applicants are double then the available seats then written test will be conducted which will shortlist the candidates, the shortlisted candidates will be interviewed to finalize the list. Students who will qualify the local Chinese language course will be offered a final
- Candidates who are already working in the semi-government and government companies must send applications with NOC.
- Applicants who already know the Chinese language and belongs from Southern Punjab will be given more preference.
Applicants must apply before 20th June 2017 and must submit the hard copy of application along with relevant documents to Financial Aid Office. Click here to apply.